is almost a South African holiday – at least IBM Software Group South Africa celebrates Spring Potjie Day.
This is a get together at the Zoo Lake fueled by a competition for a floating Trophy – a mini potjie.
- Choose a team, give it a name
- In the spirit of team-building, be sure to include someone you do not know
- You can get as creative as you like with your cooking and theme
- Aim to cater for about 14
- Teams are responsible for all expenses
- No braai facilities – you may not make fires on the ground
- Bring your own Weber to make the fire in, or gas bottles / equipment
- Potjie pot, tables, chairs, cutlery, preparation equipment
- Bring your own decorations
- Gazebos are a good idea
- Please bring Black Rubbish bags as everyone needs to ensure clean up before we leave
So it is about cooking, and I finally learn to know what these strange, three-legged, black, cast-iron pots are for.
I can tell you, what you can do with is delicious.
Or, to use a South African word: lekker
(Don’t have access to the pictures at the moment – will post them later, and notify accordingly)